Tuesday, January 27, 2009

o2 Mobile 3g Broadband - upto 10 x quicker!

I bought a o2 Mobile broadband Pay as you Go (not sure how much I'd use it). Despite having a very strong signal I got very poor performance and lag on the internet when connected using my Macbook running OSX.

With some investiagtion I managed to get far better and almost impressive performance.

Here's what I did:

Preferences, Network Settings
Choose your o2 adapter (Huawei)
Cick on Advanced
Make shire the modem field has "HUAWEI Moile Connect - 3G Modem" selected.
In the DNS tab, enter the following DNS servers: 193.113.200.200 and 193.113.200.201

Also, the o2 Mobile broadband includes access to The Cloud Wifi, same as the iPhone package - but doesnt include BT Openzone.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete